|2014||Australian Physiotherapy Association WA branch Emergent Researcher Award|
|2014||RAP-el runner up National Lead Clinicians Group 2014 Awards for Excellence in Innovative Implementation in Clinical Practice: Fary, Briggs, Slater, Chua, Ranelli.|
|2014||painHEALTH won the 2014 Category 4 award ‘Empowering Patients’ WA Health Awards; runner up award National Lead Clinician’s Forum: (Helen Slater, Andrew Briggs, Sonia Ranelli, Jason Chua, Rob Schütze, and Jean Byrne, partners at WA Health – Musculoskeletal Health Network, UWA and Fremantle Hospital and Health Service)|
|2010||The best post-graduate scientific paper presentation “Playing-related musculoskeletal problems in children learning instrumental music” at the State Paediatric and Adolescent Health Child Symposium. 27-29 October, Princess Margaret Hospital, Perth, Western Australia|
|2010||The Alice G Brandfonbrener Young Investigator Award. The Performing Arts Medicine Association, 29-31 July, Snowmass, Colorado USA: Ranelli S, Straker L, and Smith A. Playing-related musculoskeletal problems in children learning instrumental music – the association between problem location and gender, age and music exposure factors”.|
|2007||The Alan Wells Award 43rd Annual Conference Human Factors and Ergonomics Society of Australia, 26-28 November, Perth, Western Australia: Best Scientific Paper “Prevalence of Playing-Related Musculoskeletal Problems in children learning instrumental music.|
- Ranelli, S. 2017. Epidemiology of playing-related musculoskeletal problems in young musicians Music Physio 1st International Conference on Physiotherapy/Occupational Therapy and Musician’s Health. Zalpour, C., Damian, M. and Lares-Jaffe`(Eds). LIT Verlag GmbH & Co: Zurich; pg: 31-35.
- Howie, E.K, Coenen, P, Campbell, A.C., Ranelli, S, and Straker, L.M. 2017. Head, trunk and arm posture amplitude and variation, muscle activity, sedentariness and physical activity of 3 to 5-year-old children during tablet computer use compared to television watching and toy play. Applied Ergonomics 65: 41-50.
- Ranelli, S., A. Smith, and L. M. Straker. 2015. “The association of music experience, pattern of practice and performance anxiety with playing-related musculoskeletal problems (PRMP) in children learning instrumental music.” International Journal of Music Education 33 (4): 390-412.
- Vinci, S., Smith, A. and Ranelli, S. 2015. “Selected Physical Characteristics and Playing-Related Musculoskeletal Problems in Adolescent String Instrumentalists.” Medical problems of performing artists 30 (3): 143-151
- Fary, R., Slater, H., Chua, J., Ranelli, S., Chan, M, and Briggs, A. 2015. “Policy-into-practice for rheumatoid arthritis: Randomized controlled trial and cohort study of E-learning targeting improved physiotherapy management.” Arthritis Care and Research 67 (7): 913-922.
- Howie, E., Ranelli, S. and Straker, L. 2014. “iMobile technology and immobile students: How mobile learning technology is changing the primary school classroom physical environment”. Journal of Science and Medicine in Sport 18: e64-e65.
- Fary, R., Slater, H., Chua, J., Ranelli, S., Chan, M, and Briggs, A. (2014). Driving policy-into-practice for rheumatoid arthritis: A single-blind, randomised controlled trial and cohort study of web-based learning targeting improved physiotherapy management of rheumatoid arthritis. Arthritis Research & Therapy http://arthritis research.com/imedia/1561026940138251_article.pdf
- Ranelli S., Straker, L. and Smith, A. (2014). The experience of non-music activity related soreness influences Playing-Related Musculoskeletal Problems in child and adolescent instrumentalists. Journal of Physiotherapy 60: 102–108
- Downs, J. Parkinson, S. Ranelli, S. Leonard, H. Diener, P and Lotan, L. (2014). Perspectives on hand function in girls and women with Rett syndrome. Developmental Neurorehabilitation. 17:3, 210-217
- Briggs, A., Fary, R., Slater, H., Ranelli, S., and Chan, M. (2013). Physiotherapy co-management of rheumatoid arthritis: Identification of red flags, significance to clinical practice and management pathways. Manual Therapy 18(6):583-7.
- Ranelli S. 2012. Playing-related musculoskeletal problems in children learning instrumental music: Prevalence and associated potential risk factors. Curtin University, School of Physiotherapy. Ph.D. http://espace.library.curtin.edu.au/R?func=dbin-jump-full&local_base=gen01-era02&object_id=188300
- Ranelli, S., Straker, L. and Smith, A. 2015. The association of music experience, pattern of practice and performance anxiety with playing-related musculoskeletal problems (PRMP) in children learning instrumental music. International Journal of Music Education: 33(4): 390-412.
- Ranelli S., Straker, L. and Smith, A. Playing-related musculoskeletal problems in children learning instrumental music: the association of problem location, and gender, age and music exposure factors. Medical Problems of Performing Artists. 2011; 26(3):123-139.
- Ranelli, S., Smith, A. and Straker, L. Playing-related musculoskeletal problems in child instrumentalists: the influence of gender, age and instrument exposure. International Journal of Music Education. 2011; 29(1):28-44.
- Ranelli, S., Straker, L. and Smith, A. Prevalence of Playing-Related Musculoskeletal Symptoms and Disorders in children learning instrumental music. Medical Problems of Performing Artists. 2008;23(4):178–185.
- Ranelli, S, Straker L, Smith A. Prevalence of Playing-Related Musculoskeletal Problems in children learning instrumental music. The Proceedings of The 43rd Annual Conference Human Factors and Ergonomics Society of Australia, November 2007; Perth, Western Australia pg 143-150.